View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 10:14 PM   #50 (permalink)
Knicker_Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
Bear Down Wildcats!!!!!

And Knicker, I love me some Jordan Hill, he was a truly dominant post player his final year in school, but he shouldn't have gone pro. He just didn't have the experience as he only started playing basketball his junior year in high school, he just needed more seasoning.

He really started to come into his own last year down the stretch for the Lakers, looking forward to seeing how much he can improve going up against Howard and Gasol everyday in practice
yeah man, i didn't hate jordan hill as most knicks fans did. there were some other people on the board i wanted...but i really wanted rubio who went a couple picks before them obviously or steph who was oooh so close......

i have a tinfoil hat theory (lol, and im not big into conspiracies) that the knicks knew they'd have to part with whoever they drafted if they were going to clear as much cap space as they wanted in order to make a run at the FA's that summer (lebron, amare, bosh etc). they knew that the knicks fans would be furious with that pick (they HAD to know that lol) and it would make him easy to trade as the fans wouldnt be down with him. they knew like you said he wasn't quite ready for the nba. he wouldn't make an immediate impact and therefor not be an immediate fan favorite. where as if they had drafted say, brandon jennings, they would have had a HARD time parting with him and fans would have not appreciated that. i say all of this keeping in mind that the knicks owner is james dolan who doesn't give a $hit about us anyways. but i digress...
the knicks didn't have much assets at that point and their draft pick would be their obvious best one, and would have to be included at some point or another in a deal with one of the many cap killers the knicks had on the books at the time.

so in summation lol, i think they might have taken Jhill knowing full well what they were going to do with him...and that plan didn't involve him being a knick for the long term...

(sorry for the thread diversion)
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote