View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 12:11 PM   #329 (permalink)
VWBUS1978

quoted from new thread: guys, i am afraid i can no longer host breaks. It is all explained in the thread linked below.

basically, i am drawing a negative for every group break i have ever hosted since 2011. New Jersey enacted a USE TAX which went into effect in 2011, and it means any and all purchases over $1000 (that originate online or out of state, and untaxed) must be reported to the state and any state taxes that would/should have been paid will become due to the State.

Last year i was in the hole $750, which i just paid up, and it BLOWS.

This year, just on group breaks and not including my eBay purchases, i am up to $650. if i factored into that all of my ebay purchases i am up over $850.

I simply cannot handle this, nor will i force Blowout members and members of the group to take on the additional 7% i would need to break even. On top of that, i will be taxed for my money incoming this year through paypal.

it's a lose-lose for me and my hole is already dug for next year. come april, i have to jump in, and i would rather not dig it any deeper.

anyways, enough with the Sob story, if a member would like to take over as host, please let me know. Thanks in advance for understanding everyone.

Anyone in NJ getting screwed on USE TAX???
VWBUS1978 is offline   Reply With Quote