View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 10:04 AM   #202 (permalink)
DaBaddestHic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhsportsguy View Post
Update - Unless you were also in my 5-Case BC break, your cards have been sent out this morning! If you were in that break, cards should be shipped Monday (takes a long time to sort and package).

Shipping costs this month were higher than anticipated, with the average cost being over $5 PP, so we'll have to readjust that this month.

We are still looking for our 15th and final member for next month, so if you know anyone that may have an interest, have them post.

As of right now, we still need product input for November. The first suggestion was 2011 BDPP, someone else suggested 2012 BDPP and 2009 Unique. I am voting for 2012 BDPP alone (price per member would be around $58), but if you want to add another product(s) in the $300 total cost range, I'll approve almost anything.

PS - If we do 2012 BDPP, there are no USA cards, since Topps lost the rights to produce them.

Don't forget to post ASAP once you receive your cards!
BDPP is like the worst product for me from a team break perspective lol. Just not a fan of waiting a few years to see if someone actually turns out well. It's hard enough for me to hold cards during the off season to see how they do the next year :P. The only player I actually care about in BDPP this year is Kevin Plawecki (Purdue grad), and I'm not sure if he'll be on the checklists or what team he'll be on.

I know it's going to the next big thing next month though, and a lot of people love it, so I'm fine with it being opened. It'd be nice to throw in something else with it though, something that's more veteran based. Maybe try and hit some of those teams that got shafted with having no autos in bowman chrome. (Not thinking about me - I did pretty well this month with vet color and some hits in the update, but I think there were some who did not so well.)

Unique would be awesome, but maybe better the following month with another cheaper case. Could do something like 3-5 boxes of '12 Topps Chrome, Archives, or Mini.

(On a random note, damn those 2012 Olympics hobby boxes have gone down. I never got an auto from 10 of those blasters, I am so tempted to pick up a few hobby boxes.)
DaBaddestHic is offline   Reply With Quote