View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 10:15 PM   #31 (permalink)
ohiomike

Quote:
Originally Posted by roc21 View Post
not true.. if its a "black tie" affair, then everyone wears one...i went to one last year, had to rent a tux..was at the ritz-carlton, . but the blacksuit should be fine, id bet others will have one on too...and nowadays some tux styles look like a suit, and have a straight black tie, doesnt have to be a bow tie....
Right, black-tie event is different. That hadn't been brought up before I posted, and "black tie event" weddings are certainly outside the norm.

Black tie events generally do require a black bow-tie.

If you've already cleared wearing a black suit instead of a tux, then go with that and save yourself the rental fees. But you also might want to clear a straight tie specifically if thats what you planned to wear. A "black tie event" with a straight tie would be highly unusual, but it could be that the term was used more to make sure people dressed up rather than a strict dress code... sounds that way if they've already said they have no problem with a regular suit.

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote