View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 02:23 PM   #20 (permalink)
RITM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagalaxyfan23 View Post
I'd have to agree. Honestly, I think his intentions were right, and I truly do believe that he sent the card both times. My question is:

Who is it to blame? I don't believe he put insurance on it (and even if he did, USPS would just claim that it said "delivered"), I don't have the card I paid for, and he shipped it!

Hmmm...
Didn't you say he sent via PayPal? If he did, it is your responsibility to make sure that the address is accurate. If he sent to an address listed on your PayPal account I cannot see how he is accountable here. When I moved I forgot to change my primary shipping address and was fortunate the situation worked out. That was on me.

Sometimes it is impossible to put definitive blame on one of the involved parties. I have been there as a shipper and as the person receiving. As a shipper I have sent things to confirmed addresses only to have the USPS deliver an item to the wrong address. This includes insured items sent with DC. Between moves I had items sent to a family member. The mail carrier was notorious for delivering things to the wrong address. I had three incoming items (all insured with DC) delivered to the wrong address. Of course the USPS says the item was delivered. Fortunately for me when I spoke to the local Postmaster she realized something was wrong. She personally contacted others in the area, confirmed my story, and fixed the situation. I was also fortunate to have locals take the high road and get the mail to the correct address rather than keep what was not theirs.
RITM is offline   Reply With Quote