View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 02:53 PM   #67 (permalink)
MSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevJo View Post
Gabbert is improving and has the youth and size to develop. He has improved a lot from last year. I think Ponder needs to throw downfield a bit more. Having guys like Percy Harvin and Jerome Simpson, there should be more downfield passes. Also Kyle Rudolph is so under used. They guy should be Ponders best friend out there yet he isnt getting more than 2-3 looks a game.

Kevin
Harvin is not a downfield threat. Just because he's fast doesn't make him a deep threat. Remember all those deep throws Favre put up for Harvin? Oh wait. Jerome Simpson is just a mess, don't you think the Bengals would have gladly gave him the $2M needed to keep him to help Dalton if he was worth anything. And Rudolph has great receiving ability, but he's just so slow. Notice how during every catch he's made, there's a guy draped all over him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiku View Post
Percy Harvin leads the league in RAC, that should say something about ponder and I'm not a sanchez fan at all but give him a back like AP and I'm sure he can put up better numbers than Pondy.
The run game doesn't help Ponder at all. The Vikings see a nice 10 yard run, and decide to run PA instead running on the very next play. If you look closely the PA never works. The RB doesn't even attempt to take the fake handoff because they need to get up to the line to help block because odds are someone is coming through untouched..

Quote:
Originally Posted by allday_vikes View Post
The thing about Ponder is that if the play is design to go to a certain player, he'll throw it there even if there's 3 defenders there. Dude just doesn't have the vision or skills to see the whole field and change accordingly to what the defense is giving you.

Now granted, that might take a few years to develop but you can just tell if a guy has it or not and Christian is one that doesn't have it and most likely never will.
He hasn't done that since like Week 2..he's grown out of it. And Josh Freeman never threw in double coverage in this game..

What did Ponder even do wrong in this game though? If you were calling for his head after last week, I'd understand, but he played pretty well..
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote