View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 04:32 PM   #87 (permalink)
calculusdork

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberfatty View Post
Hey Calc, do you have a link to the bold part above? That rule may be new, as I seem to recall eBay explicitly stating that handling time wasn't part of the allowable shipping charge calculation. IIRC, allowable charges were just the cost of the materials and postage previously (not even gas to drive to the PO, or eBay/PP fees). Maybe I'm just misremembering though.

Anyways, IMO the problem with JRB's argument is that he is treating the situation like the extra $2 comes out of the buyer's pocket, when in reality it comes out of the final price of the auction.

IE: Card sells for $8 + $4 shipping = same card at $2 shipping will go for $10 at auction. It's not "stealing" because the DLVD price will end up being the same.

Buyer knows the cost going in and adjusts bid accordingly, and then dings for the "added" shipping cost? Puh-lease.
Yes sir, right on the eBay DSR main page. (I can't see it from work so I'm assuming it is there ... that's where I found it yesterday, I think.)
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote