View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 12:56 AM   #18 (permalink)
HBMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by blevins26 View Post
I tend to agree with this line of reasoning. For a guy who was undrafted, he's done amazing but there has to be a reason he went undrafted and I think Romo might have just hit his ceiling as a QB.

When you examine his total game--mental, physical, leadership, clutch gene--he's an average QB. That's it.

I actually think he's pretty similar to Big Ben. Both of them are decent QBs but they are only as good as the talent around them. Both have the ability to win a game here and there but can't really do that consistently week in and week out. The difference is that Big Ben plays for a much better organization and has had the talent around him to win 2 Super Bowls.
That's a pretty damn good ceiling for a guy who went to Eastern Illinois (which is tiny!) and went undrafted. He just passed Roger Staubach for 2nd on the Career Yardage mark and will probably have the team record when it's all said & done.
Had Dez's hand been in the endzone instead of the back line, he would've set the Cowboys single game record for yardage. It's not that he loses, he loses by the most ridiculous ways, multiple volleyball interceptions last year (and one this year), guys whiffing on their routes, guys whiffing in Pass Protection, a very inconsistent running game. So it's not all him, but he's certainly not blameless.
Andrew Luck RIP Oscar Taveras
HBMC is online now   Reply With Quote