View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 11:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
MC80_LCM

Default Anyone hate when meaningless plays decide a fantasy week?

Going into last nights game I'm up 7.1 points and he has Larry Fitz left. Scoring is .5 points per receptions and 1 point for every 10 yards with no fractional points.

First half flies by and Fitz has 1 for 13 so I'm sitting pretty. Cardinals get the ball back with like 3:30 left in the 4th and Fitz has 2 for 15 for a total of 2 points so far. I'm texting back and forth with my buddy who is in our league as well. He needs a TD out of the Cardinals to knock the 49ers D down 3 points so he can get a W. I'm nervous assuming the 49ers will just be in a prevent Fitz is bound to get a couple garbage catches. Wouldn't you know it he has 2 catches for 30 or so yards and gets the Cardinals down to the 7. He's now at 4 receptions for 46 yards. 1 more catch for 4 yards and I lose. Its now 4th and goal from the 7 with 56 seconds left. Of course Skelton throws a 3 yard slant to Fitz who then drags a couple of defenders for a few more yards to end the game with 5 for 52 giving him a nice 7.5 points for the W. Since they didn't score my buddy ended up losing by less than 2 points as well.

Nothing worse than a garbage 5 yard reception on essentially the last play of the week that costs you a game. Its why I hate and love Fantasy sports.