View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 12:26 PM   #102 (permalink)
Gio47

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricInCT View Post
Manu Ginobili didn't even travel with the team to New Orleans, you might want to mention that they are missing one of their big 3 if you are going to go into such a detailed analysis. I will add that the Spurs swept them last year, 4-0, and are 11-2 in 13 meetings, including two straight on the road in NO.

I find it strange that if this is such a mismatch and you feel strongly about it you will condense your bet into a -4 for a half and face the risk of poor shooting out of the gate and lack of a rhythm in an opening night game rather than laying an additional bucket or 3 pter (line is 6-7) since you know this team can close out games with their experience, no pressure to 'close out' a half. A lot of people though -5 with the lakers was a good pick too.

I like them for the game, first half seems a bit risky IMO.

I wish you the best, just my initial thoughts.
I will take my chances that the young-inexperienced team is the one that shows rust/nerves early and not the Spurs. The Hornets may settle in later in the game. Spurs are traditionally a very good 1st half team. I like the Spurs for the game as well obviously but like the 1st half better in this one.
Gio47 is online now   Reply With Quote