View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 12:26 PM   #102 (permalink)

Originally Posted by EricInCT View Post
Manu Ginobili didn't even travel with the team to New Orleans, you might want to mention that they are missing one of their big 3 if you are going to go into such a detailed analysis. I will add that the Spurs swept them last year, 4-0, and are 11-2 in 13 meetings, including two straight on the road in NO.

I find it strange that if this is such a mismatch and you feel strongly about it you will condense your bet into a -4 for a half and face the risk of poor shooting out of the gate and lack of a rhythm in an opening night game rather than laying an additional bucket or 3 pter (line is 6-7) since you know this team can close out games with their experience, no pressure to 'close out' a half. A lot of people though -5 with the lakers was a good pick too.

I like them for the game, first half seems a bit risky IMO.

I wish you the best, just my initial thoughts.
I will take my chances that the young-inexperienced team is the one that shows rust/nerves early and not the Spurs. The Hornets may settle in later in the game. Spurs are traditionally a very good 1st half team. I like the Spurs for the game as well obviously but like the 1st half better in this one.
Gio47 is offline   Reply With Quote