View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 12:32 PM   #108 (permalink)
Gio47

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricefan77 View Post
No offense, but that whole piece is riddled with opinions, which may or may not be accurate. I thought sports handicappers focused more on statistics and probability. You may be correct in your bet, but the lakers were -8.5 last night, pretty sure 1h was -5, and they didn't cover, so your first paragraph argument is worthless. I doubt you are anything more than a fan of the game with an interest in sports that likes to give his opinion, which is fine, but a professional handicapper you are not. Sorry
I have hit 58% with over 700 plays in the NBA the last 3 years and have never had a losing season. Statistically you have a better chance of hitting the lotto than randomly by luck winning 58% over that stretch of plays. The best sports bettors in the world strive to hit 58% and many are content hitting 55%. The opinions I have are obviously backed up by stats. I could start throwing out how the Spurs were top 10 in every offensive catergory last year and how the Hornets stats were obviously terrible but I don't think everyone wants to hear about a bunch of numbers/stats.

Just because one play (Lakers -5 1H) did not work does not mean my argument is worthless. I would have never taken Lakers -5 1H because they have a completely new team. They don't have chemistry, they lost every preseason game.

Last edited by Gio47; 10-31-2012 at 12:36 PM.
Gio47 is online now   Reply With Quote