View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 02:01 PM   #301 (permalink)
lemur01

Hello Haiku.

You said we could just talk about our life, so here goes nothing.

About 3 years ago, I had a bad car accident.

I shattered my right hip socket among other things. After exhausting my short term disability at my job, they terminated my employment. I had been there for 7 years. We lost everything.

After a lengthy recovery, I was able to go back to work a year ago this month. Throughout this year, I dug in, and I am now in management. I make in one week, what I used to make in a month at my old job.

I have been very fortunate. I should have died in that car wreck, but for whatever reason, I'm still here. I won't come right out and say what caused the wreck, because it brings tears. I will only say that depression is real, and should not go untreated.

I look at life differently now. Everyday I wake up alive, is a good day. I look forward to watching my kids grow up, and being able to provide everything they will need in life. I'm proud of my accomplishments.

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
-Martin Luther King, Jr.

Good day folks.

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.