View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 01:32 AM   #384 (permalink)
Ray27Ray52

My random thought for the day. The best movie monologue ever. I remembered the whole thing for drama class back in high school. This was in the age of VCR's so I had to pause and rewind each sentence, so I could write it down to memorize.

"Son we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be protected by men with guns. Who's going to do that, you, you Lt. Weinburg?"

"I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weap for Santiago,you curse the Marines, you have that luxury. The luxury of not knowing what I know, and that is that my existence while grotesque and incomprehensbile to you, saves lives"

"You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you NEED me on that wall. In the Corp we use the words honor, code, loyalty. We use these as the backbone of a lifetime spent defending something, you use them as a punchline."

"I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the very blanket of freedom that I provide for him, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand apost"

"Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think you are entitled to!!!"