View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 11:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
TOMBB25
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachtruitt View Post
Dogfish Head Raison D' Etre
What an awesome brewery, I'll have to see if I can get that one locally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
Aging them?

Beer goes bad.

The summer after my freshman year of college I worked for the environmental sector of my father's company. We were to dispose of three complete pallets of expired beer. We definitely disposed of them. Tasted terrible, but it was free and I was underage, so you know where my priorities were.
Not really an issue with these, beer like wine can age very well but depends on the beer, these should be doing well, as long as the temp stays stead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAndrew View Post
I can't promise it'll be the best you've ever tasted, but have this just to say you've had one:

Haven't heard of this, but it sounds like something I need to try.
I drink Arrogant on the regular, I actually had it two nights ago lol, just an awesome all around beer. Arrogant, Dead Guy and Racer 5 are my go to beers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
I have a bottle of Rogue Voodoo Doughnut Maple Bacon on my kitchen counter. Gift for father's day. Just never opened it.

Is there an alcohol lower threshhold for aging? I know the normal stuff spoils. The pallets I mentioned above were Sam Adams.

I have a few Budweiser 2000 bottles. Can't stand Bud, but wanted a collectible bottle. I have about a case of Taka beer from the 1990s. The beer was terrible to begin with and the brewery went out of business.

I rarely drink anymore, so most of what I have are months old. I've got about 200 cigars that are at least five years old now. No time for vices.
I'm literally just serving this beer at my tasting party to get rid of it, I think it's disgusting, definitely a novelty beer to have for fun. I ordered two of them, wasn't even able to come close to finishing the first one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
That is an awesome line up of beer my friend and quite $$$ at that. You are gonna be feeling damn good after sampling half of those. I sell beer for a loving and used to sell half of those brands so let's just say I have tasted my fair share of those. Enjoy and make sure you
Have some preztels handy
Thanks for the kind words, I'll probably open half of them and let the others sit for a while longer. I pick up about 10 beers a year to age, just depending on what I find. There are a few beers out there I can't get over here in CA, like Goose Island stuff, I have a friend in Chicago that should be back here next week and I'm hoping she surprises me
TOMBB25 is offline   Reply With Quote