View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 08:22 PM   #361 (permalink)
Turd Ferguson

Eternal Darkness for the Nintendo Gamecube. That game is a mind-screwerupper. Bought it sight unseen, save for the descriptions that I had read. My wife and I played for about two weeks straight - she'd play when I was at work and vice versa. The cockroaches, the system getting us to think it had locked up or shut off (which worked once, aarrrghhhh!), the character's limbs just falling off - I wanted to play it to complete it, she wanted to just mess around and see what the Sanity Meter would offer once depleted. Such a novel idea from any game company; I'm really surprised I haven't seen anything like it since, and the game is about ten years old now.

From what I understand, to fully complete the game, you need to beat it in all three magick categories....we still haven't beaten the first one we tried, although we did get to the end boss. However, it's been a while since we've played - I think we're going to start all the way over, as soon as I can get out of the phase of trying every last path in Telltale's The Walking Dead.