View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 07:02 PM   #62 (permalink)
thescout

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedChapmans View Post
So here's the story on this one.

I've won about 150 lots from Boomo so far ... mostly the players nobody wants and the base and base chrome.

He's going to make good money on the autos because people don't know what they're doing. The Almora auction for base, refractor and blue autos is already up to $1,200 (Not even over yet!)

He's done a good job adding a "Gold, Orange, Purple, Red, Plate" Auto auction for each player. Odds suggest he'll pull just one of each player, and they're going for $500 +.

The odds in 50 cases is to pull 9 base, 4 refractor, 1.5 blues and if you think that adds up to $1,200 ... (And the auction isn't even over yet!) I'll make out nicely on the low end stuff, he's obliterating the high end stuff.
DING DING DING DING DING

it's not just autos, the high end color lots are just as comical, i do feel that I'm getting some good buys on the base and bowman's best lots I bought and I sure as heck am not complaining about 12.95 shipping, I am pumped

i was trying to grab some mid range prospects and their orange, red and plates non autos are in the 20s? an orange might not even be that much and you have what a 1/4 shot at even getting one, but like chapmans said I was pumped to get base chromes for about what I'd pay anyway and I get all the refs, blue and golds as a bonus

http://marketplace.beckett.com/thescoutscards_1260