View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 10:55 AM   #31 (permalink)
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcq91 View Post
yikes, what happened to this thread? I'm away for a day and it's 3 pages of garbage! thank you KD, sorry KMD now, for trying to maintain some order here. I too hope Radulov is the real deal and can keep the preds competitive after their devastating off-season. other folks must be thinking the same thing given what his cup redemptions are going for on the bay. still concur that Malkin will continue to improve as he adjusts to "NHL" hockey. don't forget about Kopitar out west either! and the avs look like contenders again with Sakic, Smyth, Wolski, Stastny...
The Preds aren't going to be the team they were last year, but given how pathetic their division is, and the relative depth they still have (everyone forgets that they still have Arnott, Legwand, Erat, Dumont, Sullivan and Radulov...that's a deeper forward corps than Detroit has), they should remain competitive. If a couple teams in the Pacific slack off, and the Northwest beats up on itself like it has the past couple years, the Preds might actually backdoor their way into the playoffs.

The Avs are looking plush. They had two needs in the offseason and addressed both about as well as they could have. They also signed Jaroslav Hlinka, and that signing has the potential to be huge. He was the leading scorer in the Czech league last year, was signed for ~$500k, and was signed as a favor to Milan Hejduk.

Man, I would LOVE to see the Preds win the Central. I would LOVE to see Wings fans cry about that.
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote