View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 10:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
checkoutmydeals

If you go to price items bought and re-listed over the weekend the item will list for 25 cents less than you are asking... at least all of mine did.

You're right. I hadn't noticed that before.

But someone made a mistake somewhere. Look at this card on checkoutmycards:

1971 Topps #641 - New York Mets TC COMC REVIEWED Good to VG-EX - CheckOutMyCards.com

As is currently reads, I'm selling #9318058 for $1.88. Another seller has #8951138 for $1.89. My card is less expensive than their card.

Now, look at the same card on COMC.com in Simplified Shipping Mode:

1971 Topps #641 - New York Mets TC [Good to VG-EX] - COMC

Their card is $2.14 (25 cents above the Checkoutmycards price). My card is $2.38 (50 cents above the checkoutmycards price).

If I try to adjust the price on Checkoutmycards, the price in the window reads $2.13, but the price that is showing reads $1.88.

On the other hand, look at:

1996 Studio Bronze Press Proofs #63 - Raul Mondesi/2000 - CheckOutMyCards.com

I own 2 copies of the same card. One I owned previously, and the other I purchased on COMC.com using simplified shipping mode. I paid 25 cents more on COMC than the same card would have cost on Checkoutmycards, so I could figure out how this all works.

The price shows as $3.99 for each card on checkoutmycards. In simplified shipping mode on comc, it shows as $4.24 for each card:

1996 Studio Bronze Press Proofs #63 - Raul Mondesi/2000 - COMC

If I try to adjust the price on Checkoutmycards, it reads as $4.24 in the window, and $3.99 as the price listed with the other card. If I try to adjust the price on COMC.com, it reads as $4.24 plus $0 shipping and handling. The other card reads as $3.99 plus 25 cents shipping and handling.

So, I think COMC is accidentally double-charging the customer for postage on the flipped cards.
checkoutmydeals is offline   Reply With Quote