View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 08:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
ebacardi2

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
Fair enough - he "pays" for the one he does win - but it's absolutely ridiculous, and we'd call out any 99% of people, if they bid on multiples of the same item - and then retracts all their bids on the ones they don't want anymore.

So I stand by my statement - he bids on items he doesn't intend to pay for - because if he bids on 10 of the same item he's only paying for 1 of them. So 9 of those bids, even if he doesn't win, he has no intention of honoring. The others he'll just retract the bid as if it wasn't a big deal to bid in the first place.

That royally screws sellers.
How does it screw the seller?? did they lose any money? 80% of bidders snipe anyways so if the retraction is 12+hours or days in advance how does that screw the seller? I will wait for the proof that an item sold for less then it should have because of a retraction 12+hrs-days in advance. I love call out threads when 70-80% of bidders on ebay have 5+ retractions on there account over a few months.

Last edited by ebacardi2; 11-30-2012 at 08:35 PM.
ebacardi2 is offline   Reply With Quote