View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 10:36 AM   #8 (permalink)
mstng99tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans81 View Post
I wouldn't get too excited. Houston damn near beat them with a 3rd string ROOKIE QB last year IN THE PLAYOFFS. In fact, we very well may have if not for Jacoby "butterfingers" Jones. Charlie Batch has got what...13 or so years of NFL experience?

I've been saying this for a while now...Baltimore (and specifically Joe Flacco) are just not as good as they seem. Yesterday proves it I think. They remind me a little of the Jets when they went to the AFC championship 2 years straight with Sanchez at QB. Sanchez is terrible...everyone knows it. The rest of the team carried him. I'm not saying Flacco is as bad as Sanchez, lol, no nearly. But he is, in my opinion, average on a good day.

As for the Steelers. Enjoy their success. I feel that it may be short lived. Or more accurately, its been fairly long lived but it may be in its twilight for a while. There was a lot of talk about them during the offseason and one thing kept being said over and over and I think there may be some truth to it. The Steelers (specifically their defense) are getting old. They are going to start having to phase out some of their long time veteran players and bring in some new blood. I'll actually be very interested to see how that transition plays out. They'll either improve with the new talent and continue to be a dominant team...or they'll enter kind of a 'rebuild' mode for a couple years. Time will tell...
Yes, a fair amount of the starters are getting old, but, the Steelers have been drafting their replacements for the past several years and a good amount of those replacements are starting to see more time on the field. While I expect a dropoff in talent, I don't think it's going to be as big of a dropoff as some people make it seem.