View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 10:05 PM   #731 (permalink)

Originally Posted by Ooosh View Post
My opinion (who cares, right?) is boomo signed up for this and I am not sympathetic. You don't half-ass anywhere in the process, especially when you can see the finish line. This whole thread was full of ridiculousness and I don't think it is ready to end!

Some people are boomo fans for reasons X, Y and Z but professionalism ranks high for me and there was none here. THAT SAID, good try boomo - you don't know what is going to work until you give it a shot.
Originally Posted by Major_League View Post

Everyone respects and understands this was a massive undertaking and a gross amount of work. Without this break many would have never had a chance to hit or own certain cards. Most are very thankful. However, In this forum Autos shipped without penny sleeve and top loader is simply unacceptable. I believe virtually all break participants would rather a few extra days in shipping time to receive autos in top loaders. I understand your frustration here as you feel people are being unreasonable. I think in this case we are simply asking for the industry norm.

WOW...look what we have here....what do these two have in common? Clearly the Canadian, Anti-American "Get-Along Gang" is out to get unsuspecting people....or someting like that

But in complete seriousness, I totally agree with both of them. I'd MUCH rather wait x # of days to have my cards shipped right (ie. sleeved and toploaded) then shipped a few days early. I know you had a huge undertaking but still...

If I invest my money in a break (say like Jenkinssssssssssssssssssssss above), my investment doesn't end until I have the cards in my hand; so I care almost as much about what I pulled, with how it's shipped. You better bet for $1000 (or any amount, I want my hits shipped in sleeves, at the minimum and toploaders with anything of any sort of substantial value).

Basically my point is, Boomo, I don't think you were out to do anything dishonest at all, and you took on a huge task. But you can't half-ass the end of the break, just because you want to rid yourself of the huge undertaking that you took on.
"I have learned over the years that when one's mind is made up, this diminishes fear." - Rosa Parks