View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 04:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
saintsfan9

Send a message via AIM to saintsfan9

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
I think you missed the part about opening the box - after that they don't have to do anything.

If a store ships me the wrong size sweater, and I wear it and have it dry cleaned, I can't then return it because I noticed their mistake after I made the mistake of not checking it over.

Or what if Best Buy sends me Madden 12 instead of Madden 13 - I play it over and over again - and then I realize I want Madden 13. Is Best Buy going to refund me the $25 purchase price difference because I didn't check it when I got it? And then I used it?

Grant is right - it's very nice of BO to do (and I'd expect nothing less) - but once that box is opened it's on the buyer for not inspecting it.
no I actually didn't miss the part where he opened it. Why would it matter if he opened it? They still sent him a box thats almost half the price. It's a good thing he noticed, regardless of when.

If you go to bestbuy and pick up madden 12 instead of 13 thats your own fault. They shpped this to grant so it's not his fault. Not really something to compare.

If you put on a sweater and it was the wrong size you would know right away. If it didn't fit why did you wear it?

Lol I know those are just example but they are awful ones.

I'm not trying to argue here but there is no reason BO should have kept the profit of sending him the wrong box.

The box is opened sure, but it's not like he is trying to return an opened box. He is keeping it, so it makes sense to refund the difference. Yes, BO is a great place but I dont see this as an example of great customer service. It's what I would expect from BO or just about anyone else to do.
saintsfan9 is offline   Reply With Quote