View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 08:46 PM   #1927 (permalink)
Miranda

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
May I ask why there is no Shane Walker auto?
I'm not a huge fan of having multiple versions in a set. If you make enough of each version to have them accessible to collectors the total value for that actor's autograph goes way down. Or, collectors have an artificially inflated secondary marketing for the hard to find version, and just have to spend more money to complete their sets.

**If you haven't seen Season 2 there will be spoilers!**
Apart from that, Shane as a Walker didn't seem like a big enough event to make two versions (based on what I have to weigh two versions against listed above). Story-wise, he needed to die so that Rick could keep the group (and his family) safe. Shane's death also served to prove the information that Rick got from Dr. Jenner at the CDC about the reanimation process. Shane was a major enough character in Season 2, that had we cut the availability of each version in half, the price for the actor's autograph likely would have really increased. Our collectors have a difficult time securing product, and often spend way more on a box than we would like--cutting Bernthal's auto quantities in half would have likely increased the price for the autograph beyond our comfort level.

Sophia, on the other hand, had a very long story arc about if she was alive or dead. When she was found in the barn this was an important moment for the show and the character. Since she is still alive in the comics, her being a Walker in the barn is a huge deviation from the comic storyline, and had enough impact on the show that I thought it would be worth looking into.
Once we were able to secure a deal for enough signatures to balance out her two versions, I thought it would be a really nice way to include her. For those you who followed Season 1, we weren't able to use her likeness in Season 1 Trading Cards, so featuring her both as alive and as a Walker seemed like the best thing.
Miranda is offline   Reply With Quote