View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 04:16 AM   #246 (permalink)
Kingofkings1281

Personally, I don't care what other people find collectible. My collection includes Topps, Fleer, UD and Panini. Some designs appeal to me and some don't, but at the end of the day, I collect what I want to keep. Not what I can flip for a quick buck. The only thing that really infuriates me, is the "investors" pricing me out of cards that I really want.

I know Exquisite is a hot button issue, but I bought up a lot of the 08/09 set because I loved the design of the cards. I purchased the vast majority of them when they were still relatively affordable. Hell, I had an opportunity to buy the MJ EOE from that year for $2,000 about two years ago. I didn't pull the trigger fast enough, and now one can't be had for less than 7 or 8 grand. This wasn't an organic price increase. It was the result of all of these tools buying these high end cards and pumping the value to obscene and unrealistic levels.

In closing, I hope that these people find another hobby to invade and end up leaving mine alone.

http://s1159.photobucket.com/albums/p623/Kingofkings1281/
Kingofkings1281 is online now   Reply With Quote