View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 12:29 PM   #53 (permalink)
bdoody42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
And for the whole arguement on Kobe vs MJ total pts? Sure MJ didnt need the extra seasons to get the pts. But Kobe didnt play his early years enough to have a chance at scoring. Better yet, when you claim Shaq was the #1 option on the team, Kobe didnt have much of a choice being behind him while MJ was the #1 choice right from the beginning. MJ demanded the ball and was given every oppurtunity to pad that pts!!

The old argument amongst kobe haters was always... "Kobe needed Shaq to win his rings". When Kobe went and won a ring without Shaq, the haters were confused. Then for kicks, Kobe did it again. Haters went looking for another reason. Shaq himself called "kobe the man!!". But that doesnt matter because whatever Kobe accomplishes, there will be a roadblock waiting for him. This in my mind puts Kobe a mile ahead of everyone. THe mere fact that Kobe accomplished so much with every hater on his back.
I could see your argument if you were arguing Kobe as a top 5 player. The awards are there for a reason and this journalist who vote are follow the league and do it as there job. Obviously sometimes they make mistake and often value winning a little more than they should, but they also get tired of voting for the same person over and over again.
I am sure they didn't rob Kobe of the MVP four times and finals MVP four times. He would that just to be equal to Jordan award wise. Every time Jordan was favored to win the championship his team did it. The Lakers with Kobe? Not so much.

I think you would be hard pressed to find many people who agree with you that are not one the following.
1. Too young to actual see Jordan play.
2. Not diehard Kobe and laker fans.

You hear people try to compare the two on sports show and no one says that Kobe is equal or better to Jordan. Hard to imagine they're all wrong and a couple people's opinion on blowout is correct.