View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 12:47 PM   #61 (permalink)
xavieronly1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
I am a Bulls fan before anything else, and I was alive and watching every one of Jordan's championships. Jordan is better than Kobe....but not by much.

It's people's attitude with Kobe that bugs me. Jordan punches a teammate in practice and "OMG he's such a competitor!" Kobe gets on teammates and "He's a horrible teammate" There's a huge double standard that exists with these guys.

Like I said, Jordan is better than Kobe, but for the most part people tend to forget about the negative things with older players because they are so far removed from that time.

Maybe in 20 years people will look back and Kobe will be widely accepted as a top 5 player, but who knows
I think so too. I would say the decision is within 10 years. Unless we watch every single NBA played an actual game, it is just hard to give the "best title" to a player based on stat. I mean, John Stockton assist and steal numbers are #1, and yet, people would still pick Magic over Stockton on PG. 10 years later, people would think Chris paul or rondo is just as good as or better than Magic.