View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 11:15 PM   #44 (permalink)
cking

Quote:
Originally Posted by brado8236 View Post
I understand where you're coming from, I really do. I don't think 5-10% return on ANY product is acceptable, regardless of whether it's new, repackaged, or whatever. The thing is, when a new product is produced, companies have an average price per hit that they factor in. Over the print run of the product, their hits per box cost a certain amount to produce, and they don't account for secondary market value. To them, a hit is a hit, regardless of what we can sell it for on eBay.

In repackaged products, however, the company (in this case, Leaf) has total control of what they purchase for inclusion in their boxes. [SIZE="2"]Anyone who believes Brian Gray did not intend to insert this Newton (or the Moon or the Wallace or any other low value card) is a moron. Why did he purchase these cards if he didn't intend to repackage them and make money???SIZE] I'm not calling him a thief or a criminal or even accusing him of wrongdoing. I'm saying it's disingenuous to say that he didn't intend to balance his costs in acquiring some of the big guns in the product by acquiring and including some chump cards, too.

Bottom line is they included it and hoped they wouldn't get called out on it by an unhappy customer. When you called them out on it, Gray quickly covered his @$$ and "made it right," thereby both playing the percentages AND looking good when it didn't work out. It's a no-lose situation for him, and make no mistake about it, he knew exactly what he was doing.

You were exercising your right to ask him about it and you're exercising your right to take what they offer as compensation. But again, this product is a gamble, and you take the bad with the good if you choose to take that gamble. Nobody who's pulling a big card in this product is calling them to tell them they can't accept that much value, so it's hypocritical to EXPECT compensation when you "take it in the shorts." I realize you didn't expect compensation when you complained. However, if anybody believes that a call from Brian Gray saying "oh, that's where that Newton went" and giving you a replacement box was anything but CYA, they're idiots.

I agree 100%. People seem to really dislike hearing the truth on this site. The truth is reality, why would anyone wanna hear anything else?