View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 03:13 PM   #80 (permalink)
Spider-Fan

Now, I don't mean to be a total douche here... I like to buy APs from the artist over buying a card I like from a dealer BUT I can't justify paying $100, $150, or $200 for an AP when I can get a very nice card from that same artist for $15-$40. I understand that the AP will be better, but... for me that is a lot of money to pay for a 2.5 x 3.5 sketch. If an artist's AP is 10-25% greater than their eBay value, I will ALWAYS seek out an AP first. For 5finity stuff, I gravitate towards artist blanks or returns because they are usually within my budget. But for Marvel licensed sets it can be tough.

Also - obviously a RA oversized AP that has more surface than 2 standard cards commands a higher price. But in my experience, a lot of artists charge more for an UD AP than they do for an RA? Huh?

Justice41 - As an artist who seems to be pretty much fed up with this game, or at least with Upper Deck, I'd love to hear what you have to say on this. I'm really curious what the mindset is. Again, I hope I haven't offended you or any other artist with that comment.

Apparently I've been offending artists lately, right Monkey? You know all of my posts have been removed from that thread
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote