View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 04:20 PM   #33 (permalink)
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew13 View Post
anyone see what that one guy did to the BJ's? that kind of stuff is why i don't like russian players. he was mad he got a 2 way deal, so he bolts after signing a contract to go back to the super league.

i like the preds a lot. i'd like to see them overtake the wings, but they got gutted and i don't see it happening.
See, they got gutted, but they still have a quality team.

Erat-Legwand-Dumont
Sullivan-Arnott-Radulov
Gelinas-Bonk-Ortmeyer
Hordichuk-Nichol-Tootoo

Zidlicky-Hamhuis
Suter-deVries
Weber-Klein

Mason
Rinne/Ellis

That's not a bad team. Two good scoring lines, a really solid checking line, and an adequate 4th line. Defense is loaded with talent.

Compare that with:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Samuelsson
Holmstrom-Hudler-Cleary
Maltby-Draper-Drake
Ellis-Filppula-Grigorenko

Lidstrom-Rafalski
Ference-Kronwall
Lilja-Chelios

Hasek
Nogood

Yeah, Detroit's top two forwards are better than Nashville's top two (although Nashville has both Erat and Radulov, who have the talent and potential to make Datsuck and Iron Lung look like chopped liver). Yeah, Detroit's top two defensemen are better than Nashville's top two (though Zidlicky remains one of the most underrated defensemen in the NHL). And yeah, Detroit's starter is probably better than Nashville's.

But Nashville absolutely OBLITERATES Detroit as far as depth is concerned. That isn't even in question.

We'll see how things play out over the course of a season, but I wouldn't count Nashville out of the division title talks, as weird as that sounds.
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote