View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 09:05 PM   #23 (permalink)
Orangejello727
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeg2315 View Post
The idea is that the concept is the same - it clouds focus on details and shifts away from comparisons. You completely missed the point if you think I was comparing smoking to computers.

Apple understands that most people don't care what makes up the inside of a product, which is why they tend to use older (but more reliable) parts. Consumers tend to gravitate toward products that 'look nicer,' and in this sense Apple doesn't experience as much competitive pressure as the rest of the PC market (which generally focuses on the "newest, best performing components" and such) precisely because of the logo/branding/packaging. That's what I'm getting at as far as Apple's influence.

Compare the newest macbook pro to the newest pc laptop and tell me if it lags technology?

While branding plays a role in consumer decisions, so does reliability and reputation. Maybe consumers choose apple and stick with apple because the consistently put out a solid product and back it with support.

Unlike HP and Dell, they dont put out 4 new versions of a laptop every year claiming to have something better in them whether the end user needs it or not!! That logo/branding is a staple of quality moreso than a lemming following. Another role that plays a factor is how a generic PC laptop gets discounted in the first few months of release vs and consistent non sale price of an apple product.

Some may believe that as a blind following, but others see that as support for a quality product that tends to sell without having to discount it to increase sales.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote