View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 12:53 PM   #1231 (permalink)
VinnyH

Default The way I see myself in breaks...

I invested about $145. and probably got about $70. worth of cards back. It was a gamble to begin with knowing picks would be randomized. I got lucky having a couple in the top 25. If they were in the 200-315 range I probably would have sold them off and cut my loses. Still, I would have gotten something back for my gamble.

I enjoyed trading and buying a pick to move around in the middle of the draft. I enjoyed watching other guys wheel and deal to move around. There's a certain social camaraderie when you're in a break with the right mix of guys. You root for them while you hope for yourself.

I rarely buy full cases, I can't afford them. If anyone in the break had bought these 10 case themselves, they'd be ticked. They would have lost a lot of money. Breaks allow us to spread out the wins and loses.

Also, when you're in on a break with the right person breaking, like ImNotDed, no one is complaining or sweating the little things.

Enough rambling, Best to All,
VinnyH
Guitars, fishing, and trading cards, safer than a lot of other habits. If I post a pic of a player, I took it. I may not be the oldest member here but I paid $8. an auto and shook Joe DiMaggio's hand at the Armenian Church in NYC once.
VinnyH is offline   Reply With Quote