View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 06:56 AM   #58 (permalink)
ninjacookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1fan View Post
Even if PayPal was sent in form of goods your not fully protected,Someone could close their bank account at anytime with PayPal not even knowing.Money could be cleared out and bank account no longer linked making it impossible for a refund.This has happend to me in the past on eBay.I never recieved a few things and just took a refund for granted until Paypal told me I was SOL.
Actually yes, you're always fully protected against fraud if you don't pay via 'gifts' Paypal is a bank, they're full insured just like any other bank against chargebacks and loss. That's part of the money we pay with the ebay and paypal fees. Your statement couldn't be further from the truth.

Doesn't matter if a person uses a p.o. box, home address, located over in russia, using a fake alias, clears out their bank account, or leaves the country. Paypal always gets their money back. Whether it be through using creditors or them just getting their money from insurance. Sorry but what you said is completely incorrect. Don't go putting out false information trying to scare people. I've actually been in a scenario as you mentioned where a powerseller on ebay took about 50k worth of money from people on fraudulent presales of bowman chrome baseball cases. Everyone got their money back, so long as they were within the 45 day period.

Last edited by ninjacookies; 12-17-2012 at 06:59 AM.