View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 10:29 AM   #179 (permalink)
chajones
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1fan View Post
Even if PayPal was sent in form of goods your not fully protected,Someone could close their bank account at anytime with PayPal not even knowing.Money could be cleared out and bank account no longer linked making it impossible for a refund.This has happend to me in the past on eBay.I never recieved a few things and just took a refund for granted until Paypal told me I was SOL.

I sure hope everything gets worked out here but I must say this dude "giving" out all of them beats and other stuff was pretty questionable from the jump.This could be the biggest red flag...as others mentioned it's a great scam tactic to build everyone's trust.

Good luck to both parties but this seems like a bad situation...
This is absolutely true! I had a guy rip me off a few years back and paypal could only get back about 25% of my money because his bank account was closed and the transaction was not through Ebay. Things may have changed since then but at one point this was the case.

The thing is also that because at least a few of you paid via gift and all of you purchased mystery lots, he could really send you a box of commons and paypal may decide in his favor. Unlikely, but possible. As for gift, you cannot file a claim. So, just how many people did pay via gift?