View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 10:57 AM   #2132 (permalink)
calculusdork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugemojo View Post
The few members who are facing suspicion of being connected to Haiku continue to respond to comments here. Given the tone of their responses, it sounds to me that they also got taken by him - as a result of their greed - but also know they are responsible for leading everyone on about Haiku's character. I don't think they thought they were part of an epic scam. Rather, they probably knew they weren't doing the right thing with respect to various comments and fake transactions with Haiku but were trying desperately to get into his good graces. They're in a tough position because they are both victims and victimizers. I think of Ponzi schemes, where people get their friends wrapped up in the scam with false promises of riches but also actually believing their friends will benefit in the long term. At the end of the day, everyone gets screwed except the guy on the very top. It's easiest to direct our anger at the ones who are still here, but the fact that they continue responding tells me that they are also victims (albeit ones trying to justify their naive and inappropriate behavior).
The part that I'm struggling with -- some of these people that were "taken" and continue to post here, asking for help getting their cards back, etc. -- someone here probably knows exactly who Haiku is and where he is right now. And they aren't talking.

Good perspective though, I believe you are probably right.