View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 12:52 PM   #4175 (permalink)
monkeymcgee

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
Want to know what really gets me?

I can accept the theory that Haiku worked alone, essentially, in scamming people out of money. I can accept that several people were buttered up and duped into becoming his BOBFs, and that they were then tremendously let down and betrayed. But what I absolutely cannot accept is that the people that were "close" to Haiku on this forum are not revealing everything they know about Haiku and their relationships with him, along with everything that Haiku said and did along the path of duping them ... from the quick-sales, to the phone calls and text messages, and anything else in between.

Example: There is some evidence that Haiku ran quick-sales and contests, having alerted certain members beforehand that said sales and contests would be run, allowing them to gain an advantage. Was it all part of a setup to deal with only a certain small group of duped members? Sure, why not. But if we go by this theory and assume that everyone except Haiku is innocent, then these people should be more than willing to share everything that ever went on behind the scenes ... and I believe that there is a ton more to be shared.
Most people will not admit to doing something wrong until they are forced to admit it.

I agree--there's a lot of the back-story missing and not everyone is being forthcoming. But people in general are not going to incriminate themselves, especially when admitting to some kind of shenanigans will be seized upon by the BODA (BO Detective Agency) as absolute proof they were in on the entire operation.

I will say this--there's a lot that has gone on here that are excellent real-world examples of why the foundation of our justice system is set up the way it is.