View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 10:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
eldavojohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
If by "quality" you mean the physical integrity of the products, the quality of Cryptozoic stuff is fine.
Oh yeah, that's exactly what I meant. I'm super concerned that these cards will make an adequate motor sound when I clip them to my bicycle frame so that they flip when struck by the spokes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
If you mean collectability, contents, ability to get top name autos, etc... well then we will need more info on this particular set but Cryptozoic TV/Movie releases have all been pretty good - Walking Dead and Big Bang Theory in particular were very popular
Yeah that's part of it. Another part of it is how they do when selecting shots, card text, characters and actually understanding a show. I know that the Walking Dead card series is popular but I don't watch the show nor have I bought the cards. Therefore I don't know if the cards did the show justice or the show is just so goddamn popular that anything with a Walking Dead license will sell.

To give you an example, I just bought a box of Indiana Jones Heritage. It was great that I got an autograph of some extra but as I read through the cards, I noticed that the card titles were really cheesy. Maybe that's the spirit of the movies -- I don't know. But a coworker passed out Terminator 2 cards from the 90s and we all got a laugh out of how terrible the cards were. You would think that the movie was made for children the way these cards were written.

Conversely, Archer is a very adult show and it has a very specific type of humor. Is Cryptozoic capable of hitting this? Will we see a "Just the Tip" insert set? Will they actually watch the series and capture the spirit of it like the Archer book did? Well, that's what I was hoping people who collect Cryptozoic's other sets could tell me about. Did they dumb down The Walking Dead in their cards? Did they miss the mark with Big Bang Theory? I can't tell that by reading the flurry of posts about trading card titles and rare chase cards.

Apparently, this forum is only good for a "lol" and "Crytpozoic can make 90 degree angled cards." Duly noted.
eldavojohn is offline   Reply With Quote