View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 08:30 PM   #2888 (permalink)

Originally Posted by Fenian95 View Post
Hello all.

Grabbed one sealed box from my local LCS today during their Boxing Day sale(Black Friday for Canadians basically). The box was 30% off, so I wound up paying a whopping $56 for it!

This was a store I never go to as it normally only sells CCG cards and comics.

I only went there to stock up on one-touches and toploaders on sale. They can account for 8 of the boxes they had from their one case they ordered in and no sketch or redemptions so far... And 2 TDogs were pulled already.

I am having a hard time selling/trading my previous pulls so I am tempted to throw the box up on Ebay.... or hold onto it for a few months and wait for the supply to dry up.

What do you guys think? Bust it or sell it?

First of all, if there are any more boxes I think you should go back and clean them out (even at the non-sale price)!

I don't think you can lose at $56 no matter what you pull. Either open it or sell the box to me for $60

But really, there are plenty of wardrobe cards that can get you your box price back. To me, it's a no brainer.

I honestly don't see much of a point in waiting for the supply to dry up because everyone was prepared for this set and knew it would be a hit. I've said all along that I don't see boxes going to $200 like Season 1 for the fact that there are no $5k cards to chase in this set (two 1/1s in S1) and, like I said, everyone knew this set would be a hit.

Last edited by t2554; 12-26-2012 at 08:35 PM.
t2554 is online now   Reply With Quote