View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 07:49 AM   #1623 (permalink)
premium1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
"Revenue goes towards marketing & advertising."

I thought that already came from the fee hikes.
I hope that I am wrong, but I am starting to get the feeling that they have outgrown their businessplan. They may have overextended themselves with the new facilities and new employees. There just doesn't seem to be any other reason for the constant fee hikes and new fees. It seems like every couple of weeks it is something new. So the way I see it, they are either going broke, or getting very greedy. I can't decide which one it is. It may just be greed since this was a sneaky fee. I do not recall any mention of it anywhere. So to recap, this could be the fees associated with a single card:

1.) Postage to get the card there.
2.) Fees to list the card.
3.) Fees to keep the card listed each month.
4.) Fee to put your card "on sale".
5.) Fee to sell your card when it is "on sale".
6.) Fee to cash out your cash after it sales.
7.) Or a fee to ship your card back if it doesn't sell.

I know they have to make money, but 5-6 different fees/costs? Surely even they can see that is a bit much. At least bring on the extra site functions that have been "coming soon!" for a long time. It just seems like the users who have made this site what it is are being played with like a yo-yo. Maybe I am just grumpy this morning. I love the site and just do not want to see it go under. There is just so much that the consumers will take before they move on. Once people start leaving you will never get them back, even if fees are pulled back. The damage will be done. Rant over.