View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 12:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
xpucksx

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Well that's just not true. ITG, though unlicensed, is a major maker of hockey cards, and provides some of the best value in the hobby.

As for the OP's question, buying this year's stuff now (or in the coming months) wouldn't be a terrible idea. UD Series One will be dirt cheap once the season is canceled, and there are enough solid prospects (Chris Kreider, Jaden Schwartz, etc) to make buying the product worth your while. Artifacts and Black Diamond are both very decent products, though. Very veteran-heavy, so the value is there.

I wouldn't recommend buying anything Panini. I got hosed on a box of Certified this year. I won't make that mistake again.
Thanks for the info...I was sort of leaning towards building at least one set just so that there is not a "hole" in my sets. My instinct was to go with UD cause I am used to them. My GF's youngest has some of the Artifacts and they look pretty cool...this is all good stuff. Looking to get a few boxes and do my first break in 20 years...