View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 02:45 PM   #281 (permalink)
weedyalan

Quote:
Originally Posted by premium1981 View Post
I would have to look to be exact, but I sold between 400-500 cards over the last 3 days or so. Been a great weekend for me. Bought lots and got some great deals as well. I price my cards to move though. I really do not see how some people make money on there. I have people buy my cards and price them for book value. 99.9% of cards are not going to sell for anywhere near BV. To each their own I guess. My method has been working great and I plan to stick with it. The one thing I do not like is when you are searching the sellers stats, it only lists the cards that you sent in. Not the cards that you own. So for me, it says I have 770 cards (or somewhere around that amount), but actually I have over 8,000+ cards in my inventory. Its not really that big of a deal, but it would help with exposure if the true stats where listed.
I agree that they should show the true stats.

I had one card that was relisted at BV. I was a little upset, someone sent me a real low-ball offer, I countered with 50% off BV to sell it, and they re-listed it at BV.

It was a 2003 UD Prospect Premiere Jake Fox auto. I listed it for $35, and thought it was fair since the ones I saw on ebay were listed at BV. He offered $21, I countered and sold for $25, and this guy goes and relists it at the $50 BV.

So I've sold 3 cards in a week and a half, one of which was a "flip."

Ended up buying (46) 2008 Goudey SP's to try to complete the 1-300 set. I now need 1 more card for 1-300.

*** NEW CARDS ADDED TO COMC 6/8/14 ***
weedyalan is offline   Reply With Quote