View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 05:07 PM   #40 (permalink)
tnarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
well maybe not everyone has all this free time to ship and spend and hour + waiting in line. When its not holidays...i usually ship next day 2nd day for anyone here who thinks 4-5 business days is too long.. ever see on ebay where there is an option for handling time? can be 2-5 days... not everyone runs right out to ship a $4 card.

My Statement before wasnt reality it was an example I am shipping stuff from 12/26-1/2 today.

But here is how it could take that long:

12/22-Post office closed at 12.
12/23-SUNDAY CLOSED
12/24-Post office closed at 12.
12/25-XMAS CLOSED
12/26-BUSY
12/27- Ice Storm
12/28-Snow storm
12/29-Post office closed at 12
12/30-Sunday closed
12/31-Post office closed at 12.
1/1- New Years Closed.
1/2- No Excuse
1/3- Shipped.

Ive had one free day which was yesterday so to anyone who might be offended that i didnt ship yesterday Im sorry. Obviously people havent had a problem with my shipping. Some of the most ignorant people i have ever seen have been on this site the reactions people give and just knowing some of you are 40+ yr old men is quite comical and disgusting that your that way. I dont sell cards for a living I do it for fun... some of you act like its life or death and alot of the "Professional" collectors that post the Dumbest stuff. Its real easy to sit behind the keyboard and flame people but then again isnt that how most of you got ripped off by Haiku...be nieve.
See the thing is, you can tell your buyers what's going on. What are they gonna do? Just be up front.

For example, I just dealt with platinumplus(some random digits)

We agreed to ship the next day. I didn't ship the next day. But I pm'd him stating this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnarg
So,
I went to the PO today to get a flat rate box. I figured I'd print the label and run back and ship it this afternoon.

Then the snow started falling and falling and falling.

So I said F it and went sledding with my boys.

Printed the label tonight and your Butkus will be en route tomorrow.

9405 5096 9993 8343 0186 76

Thanks!
Grant

So versus just shipping the following day, I felt as though I owed it to him to let him know what was going on.

If you can't ship right away, keep your buyers in the loop. End of story.
tnarg is offline   Reply With Quote