View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 04:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
I make a lot of posts!

Originally Posted by charnick View Post
wow, what a wonderful thread to read, but a crime that Pat LaFontaine is barely mentioned. he spent a lot of time concussed, so the career numbers are a little low, but for pure scoring, IMHO he was better than modano, roenick & joey mullen. and i love those guys.
If I were to just choose 3 forwards and not 3 by the positions they usually played, he would had made my cut. LaFontaine is one of those great "what could had been" type of players.

Originally Posted by XL5 View Post
Are we limiting this to post 1980? If not, where is Frank Brimsek on both lists?

And agree with Leetch in for Housley.
I have nothing against Brimsek, but I will admit I am a bit biased when it comes to Quick, especially because it has been a very very very long time since my team has had a goalie of his caliber. Mr. Zero was a fantastic player back in his day without a doubt, but I have to go with the player I have seen play more often. It is also hard to ignore what Barrasso did during his playing days. I do not think we will EVER see a player come out of a US high school and do what he did.
Looking for A&G sized minis and Topps Olympic relics, pins, etc. for my daughter and refractors for my son
Favorite teams: Kings, Angels, Broncos, Packers, Steelers, Celtics, Globetrotters
Mick Foley liked my post! Mick Foley liked my post! I've never been so happy!

Last edited by ilovethelakings; 01-03-2013 at 05:00 PM.
ilovethelakings is online now   Reply With Quote