View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 04:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
ilovethelakings

Quote:
Originally Posted by charnick View Post
wow, what a wonderful thread to read, but a crime that Pat LaFontaine is barely mentioned. he spent a lot of time concussed, so the career numbers are a little low, but for pure scoring, IMHO he was better than modano, roenick & joey mullen. and i love those guys.
If I were to just choose 3 forwards and not 3 by the positions they usually played, he would had made my cut. LaFontaine is one of those great "what could had been" type of players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL5 View Post
Are we limiting this to post 1980? If not, where is Frank Brimsek on both lists?

And agree with Leetch in for Housley.
I have nothing against Brimsek, but I will admit I am a bit biased when it comes to Quick, especially because it has been a very very very long time since my team has had a goalie of his caliber. Mr. Zero was a fantastic player back in his day without a doubt, but I have to go with the player I have seen play more often. It is also hard to ignore what Barrasso did during his playing days. I do not think we will EVER see a player come out of a US high school and do what he did.

Last edited by ilovethelakings; 01-03-2013 at 05:00 PM.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote