View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 09:41 PM   #36 (permalink)
bigbluecolt93

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbadapple View Post
Lilja won't even be playing. If Lavvy has any sense, he'll be a healthy scratch. Carle wasn't as bad as Kubina or Lilja, true, but he was still a handicap anytime he was on the ice. Mez isn't injured anymore, he was supposed to be back playing in December sometime. Our defense is as follows:

Top 4 = Grossmann, Timonen, Meszaros, Coburn
Bottom 2, any combo of = L. Schenn, Gustafsson, Gervais, Lauridsen, Bourdon, Manning.

Mind you, L. Schenn had over 260 hits last year, more than almost anyone in the league, and by watching our defense and how the big players like Coburn and Grossmann refused to play physical, this would be a pivotal piece to the starting puzzle. My bets would be L. Schenn and Gustafsson for the bottom two. We are NOT lacking defensive propects either for the future to replace Timonen, and that's not even listing that Shayne Gostisbehere from the WJC.
I see, but do you have any confidence in that top 4's ability to stay healthy? Grossman's knees are awful, Timonen's gonna play the most minutes and he'll be 38 soon, and Meszaros is just coming off an injury. One injury to any of them and I'm not gonna feel too confident with any of those bottom 2 defensemen taking a slot in the top 4