View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 02:21 PM   #41 (permalink)
rmw10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr24ai3 View Post
I wasn't trying to say it wouldn't be a decent product. I just don't see it being as hot as basketball was. There was a giant hole in the basketball products that needed a chrome product. There is already a chrome spot filled in football, so adding a 2nd won't create the same buzz as it would in basketball.

What works in 1 sport doesn't always work in another sport. An example would be fleer retro basketball vs football. The demand for high end 90s inserts in basketball is much higher than the demand in football. So I'd expect retro football to sell nowhere close to what basketball sold for.
Oh yeah absolutely. Basketball is more individualized and has a much larger market.

However, I do think Prizm will do pretty well in football. It's a similar product to Chrome but with game photos and vet autos. On the other side of things, there is less color and sticker autos. It has all the possibility for success, as long as they can take the issues they'll have with this release and correct them next year. I think the pre-sales alone make this an almost certain return as a 2013 product.
rmw10 is offline   Reply With Quote