View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 11:09 PM   #24 (permalink)
Nicnac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
It seemed like you were.

Right, that's a given using their normal mold. A very stubborn and ignorant one. I wonder when they will learn. Not to say Cryptozoic does everything right. They've both had failed releases, so even with the best model, it means nothing if you don't have the right license.

Despite the fact that you are right about Rittenhouses products losing value much faster due to things like overproduction, over saturation of autos, the type of incentives etc, I think GoT will continue to hold value over other releases such as Star Trek. I Think Season 2 will hold even better value. People will probably want to tar and feather me for saying this, but I think The Walking Dead is overrated and I was never really interested in the card product. Cryptozoic got lucky with TWD, but it won't last if the show doesn't hold up. GoT is here to stay!
Don't get me wrong. GoT is something fresh for television, serious, epic fantasy. However, unlike zombies, fantasy comes and goes. GoT is finite. GRR Martin will eat himself to death sooner rather than later and GoT will come to a screeching halt. Walking Dead has much more material out there in the comic books, but depends on the show sticking around (we'll see what AMC continues to do with it from here forward).
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote