View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 12:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
davepeters239
Banned

Thanks everyone for their help.

I recently bought an autograph lot on Listia with a Mickey Mantle and Joe Dimaggio autograph and some other various autographs. It turned out the Mantle and Dimaggio autographs were not real so I was able to send them back.

I sent the package off with delivery confirmation and either the package has not arrived back to him and was lost or stolen or it was never scanned when it arrived back to him. The last scan shows on December 31st at a sort facility and an expected delivery date of January 2nd.

I asked him if he could either go to his local Post Office or call them or provide me with the number or location but he never did. He said he called the 1-800-ASK-USPS number and they were not much help.

I did call my local Post Office today and they provided me with his local Post Office number which I called and was told to call back tomorrow after they did some checking.

I guess he complained to Listia who refunded his credits, so I am out like 58,000 some credits now.

This brings me to why I asked about this and other autographs that he had listed.

I am trying to figure out if he is honest or not, he seems somewhat honest when I have messaged him. I plan on bringing to his attention that perhaps some of his autographs he is listing may not be genuine and see what response I get from that.

He seems to have a lot of autographs and be somewhat knowledgeable so having so many that might not be real really throws up a red flag for me.

The good news is I didn't win this autograph but the bad news is someone else did.

Below is what I received and sent back.

Anna Kournakova signed 8x10 photo (via mail)
Lyn St James signed 6x8 photo card (via mail)
1985 Topps Lance Parrish signed SUPER (via mail)
Donald Trump signed magazine (in person)
Bob Doerr HOF signed 5x7 photo (via mail)
Pete Rose signed 8x10 photo (in person)
Arnold Palmer signed 8x10 (via office w/ mail envelope)
Roger Clemens signed 4x6 pic (w/ letter from his charity)
Joe DiMaggio signed 8x10 photo (Score Board COA)
Mickey Mantle signed 8x10 photo (Score Board COA)
davepeters239 is offline   Reply With Quote