View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 03:50 PM   #69 (permalink)
Orangejello727
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
You must travel and do your research there. Don't do it from 8000 miles away.

I'm an American citizen and I will say with confidence that United States citizens as a group are the most arrogant of the bunch.

Companies that pigeonhole themselves into a nationalistic corner will fail as a business.
I dont mean to generalize all Americans with this guy. I apologize for that. But those who "self patting on the back" and self entitlement "I deserve 5 plasmas and 4 cards in my driveway while working 5 hrs a day making $150/hr pressing a button" really need an eye opener.

The standard of living is much different here in the west compared to the East. If anything, the growing middle class in India have higher standards than we do here. A middle class family in India can easily afford 3 housekeepers, a cook, babysitter and a driver while making less than $80,000 US a year. You think we can do that with our inflation and our utterly high standard of living? I dont know, I wouldnt mind having someone do everything for me at that level of household income!!

Bypassing that, how big is the middle class in a growing India / China compared to the shrinking middle class in North America?

Quote:
With one of the fastest growing economies in the world, clocked at a growth rate of 8.3% in 2010, India is fast on its way to becoming a large and globally important consumer economy. The Indian middle class is estimated to be 50 million people, by McKinsey & Company.[1] It will reach 600 million by 2030. According to Deutsche Research the estimates are nearly 300 million people for all Middle Class.[2] If current trends continue, Indian per capita purchasing power parity will significantly increase from 4.7 to 6.1 percent of the world share by 2015.[3] In 2006, 22 percent of Indians lived under the poverty line. India aims to eradicate poverty by 2020.[4]

According to NCAER, India's middle class population to touch 267 million in 5 yrs. Further ahead, by 2025-26 the number of middle class households in India is likely to more than double from the 2015-16 levels to 113.8 million households or 547 million individuals. .[5]

While I agree the human rights obligations are way different. But hey, once you have the $$, its easier to fix than not having the $$ to work with!!

How was your trip to China?
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote