View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 07:03 PM   #38 (permalink)
lagalaxyfan23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devi8or View Post
I honestly don't know what they're planning. If they get a QB in the draft, I don't think it's gonna be Geno Smith. He's gonna go before they get a chance to draft him. Besides, Geno isn't really a running Qb that people make him out to be...look at his rushing stats lol. I think there are way too many holes on the defense to even entertain taking him in the first round. I think if anything they could take a later round QB

I have this feeling that we're gonna be defense heavy in this years draft since we already have plenty of talent on the offense.

I guess we won't know more until they decide on a DC. I know for sure we need at least 2 safeties, whether via FA or draft and possibly 1-2 CBs depending on what they do with Nnamdi and DRC.

If the new DC goes 3-4 defense then we'll probably be in the market for a playmaking LB too
For sure. The Eagles draft will be interesting this year.

Well, I'm biased and love Nnamdi. I still think he has some of that Oakland juice left in him. He certainly made improvements toward the second half of the season

DRC is decent. However, the Eagles need to learn how to TACKLE first. Then we're talking business.

DeMeco had a solid year, but you're right about us potentially needing another LB.

In my opinion, the Eagles' biggest need is at the safety position. However, I don't think they need two. Colt Anderson stepped in for Kurt Coleman/Nate Allen toward the last couple games and looked GREAT. Only physical guy out there and made lots of plays. I think he should get the start for this year.

Between Nate Allen and Kurt Coleman, I think Nate Allen is just trash. Both of them however are horrible, but I'd like to see the Eagles draft a safety in the second round or so (Matt Elam?). Someone who can make tackles and force turnovers.

Their run D was fair this year, so I'm not very concerned about that. Although Trent Cole and the DT's were quiet, Brandon Graham looked very impressive with Jason Babin's absence. DARN I can't wait until next year!
lagalaxyfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote