View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 12:00 AM   #227 (permalink)
CAS239

I'm in the same boat as a few of the last posters. Only one shop really anywhere near me, and it's mainly a comic store instead of a hobby store. They basically don't have any cards at all aside from the gaming cards like wow, magic, etc. Other than that a few action figures, heroclix (sp?), and comic books.

I asked about The Walking Dead boxes when season 2 dropped, owner had no idea what I was even talking about and said he has the board game if that's it..also said if it's not like cards for a game, they won't have them. I then asked about the Batman box a few days before release and the girl working said she didn't know what I was talking about, but that her and the owner were big DC fans so they might have it.

Needless to say I didn't bother going back to checking, I just ordered online. Quite annoying not having a store close by where I can get non gaming cards. I'd enjoy picking up non sports, UFC, and football cards. But whenever I ask I'm looked at like I'm crazy and they have no idea.

I figure I might go back in and ask if they can order stuff from their distributor and what they can order, because I'm highly interested in a Walking Dead season 3 case when it drops. So maybe I can get him to order 1 or 2 to pick up and get for a good price because he won't know what he has. But I know it helps to be a regular, which I'm really not. I'm not into any gaming cards so I don't play magic or anything like that, I tend to stay far from that. And as far as comic books I'm really only interested in The Walking Dead. So tough for me to go by the store when I have nothing to go there for since they don't carry nongaming stuff.

I'm assuming imma have to keep ordering from online, but maybe this local store can pull through one day.
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote