View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 11:27 AM   #19 (permalink)
tajikey
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
Nothing other then just buying any regular day to day things I'd be anyway. I don't give the government an interest free loan so I tax plan accordingly at the start of the year. If you're getting thousands back then you are doing some pretty horrible planning.
Couldn't agree more. I'm a registered tax preparer, and I cringe when people get thousands back. Proper planning would put that money in peoples hands when they need it, not after they've put thousands on credit waiting to pay it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deboesports View Post
and it starts.
Nothing should start. It's his opinion, and a good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnarg View Post
A push is a win for me
Agreed. I always pay Federal with my State refund. I come out even or a hair in the red every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
You do realize there's child credits out there and stuff so people can get back that much without putting into it, so your magical theory isn't always correct
And you realize that you can change your W-4 any time during the year to accommodate for these credits. There's even a box on the W-2 that reports earned income credit if you took it early like you should, if you expect little to no changes year over year.

Responsible is NOT getting thousands, with or without kids, it's getting zero, with or without kids.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote